Planet Beer

This is a blog about making beer, primarily ME making beer. However, it will also teach you how to homebrew---either all grain or with little cans of goo. Enjoy!

Monday, November 10, 2008

Smacked Down by The Man!

The TTB rejected all of our labels! One had a flag over the capitol; it was an American flag but that's not allowed---so we put a Hammer and Sickle where the stars go, and that's ok. Also, we used OMFG! on another label, and the government decided that was obscene, even though we protested that it meant Oh My Fairy Godmother and told them we were sticking to that story. So now it says "Censored" over the OMFG, and people tell me they find that funnier. We'll have the original versions of both labels on the t-shirts, of course. The third label was just a font size issue, but they were ok with the art.

4 Comments:

At 5:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where are you getting your labels printed? If one home brewer can make a suggestion to another, might I recommend bottleyourbrand.com ?

They print our labels, with custom artwork, and they turn out amazing. The printing is good, the labels are waterproof, and they're super easy to apply.

 
At 8:33 AM, Blogger Kevin said...

Thanks, I'll check out their prices. That's fairly key.

K

 
At 8:38 AM, Blogger Kevin said...

Ok, did that. They are too high for us, but very good for homebrew I guess!

 
At 11:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Kevin, I wanted to get in touch with you, I am a member of the Concord Area Homebrew Club and we heard rumors of a brewery coming to Concord, so I did some research and here we are. My email address is joe.a.wentworth@gmail.com

We'd like to touch base with you if you have a moment.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home